Monday, June 1, 2009

Wreck this blog!

"Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith." ~Margaret Shepherd

Happy June! I'm looking out my window at lush green leaves and peek of blue sky through a white-wash of clouds. There is a little red bird perfectly perched on a branch at eye level, chirping away, cheering me on as I dive in to create this blog that I've been wanting to write for so long.

There's nothing like a good deadline to get you started. This Friday, Jamie Ridler is hosting The Next Chapter, and I'm SO in. I met Jamie in Toronto last summer at a wonderful little gathering hosted by Romana Mirza. We clicked and made a date to connect again. I've been following Jamie's blog for months now, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to follow suit and join the community. Waiting got boring, so I decided to CREATE that opportunity myself, setting aside the roadblocks (also my own creations), and opening this door for good (insert funky homemade door stop here).

I can't wait to wreck this journal. Can't wait to fill this blog with deliciously imperfect posts. To share my passion for collections, connections and creativity. To introduce you to Melissa Hammell.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Melissa Hammell, to the world of blogsphere. And know that you need not phereblogs.

    Happy journal wrecking and may your deliciously imperfect posts be perfect for those who read them.

    ReplyDelete